All the show notes can be found at: WPPluginsAtoZ.com
Make sure you subscribe and review the show at:
Watch Live every Thursday at Noon, subscribe and check out our training videos, screen-casts and extra shows on the YouTube channel
Follow the show on Twitter @wppluginsatoz
Join us on our Facebook Page
Pushing towards Episode 420 and looking to have some fun with it.
I have a great set of plugins for you today!
To start off I have a plugin that I have yet to use but thought you might want to know they exist. Keep in mind the ratings are based off the descriptions on their site and using their demo if available.
Sent in by Demetrius Tautu
What they say:
This plugin allows your visitors to subscribe to your push notifications as well as receive push notifications whenever you publish a new post.
The process of subscription is 100% automated and your subscribers will be saved within your DigitalPUSH account.
The process of sending notifications on a new post is also 100% automated and it will notify all your previously subscribed users with the following information:
* Post title ( up to 64 characters )
* Post content without any HTML tags ( up to 128 characters )
* Post permalink
* Post featured image ( If the post has no featured image, a standard bell image will be used instead. The same applies if your featured image is http:// instead of https:// )
The push notification sending process is handled by making a POST call from the plugin to the DigitalPUSH API ( https://api.digitalpush.org/push/ ).
To make use of the plugin you will need an account with DigitalPUSH which can be created here: https://digitalpush.org/register.php
The registration is instant and completely free.
DigitalPUSH is a free to use push notifications service which can be found here: https://digitalpush.org
Rating 3 Dragons
WordPress news and info
15 WordPress News Sources and Media Outlets for WP Professionals (2019)
Why You Should Optimize WordPress by Fixing Your Images First
This show is brought to you by:
Finding quality WordPress Hosting and support can be a challenge, well you can drop that stress by contacting JohnOverall.com web services. I can help you eliminate your WordPress stress. Solving your WordPress Emergency issues or doing the more day to day items such as finding that perfect plugin, helping you move to a new hosting provider or even providing Quality WordPress hosting.
With 20yrs Exp. on-line and over 8 years dedicated to WordPress JohnOverall.com provides all your web service needs from hosting to WordPress development, repairs and WP Malware Removal.
Contest win a Premium Plugin License For:
Contests Powered by Simple Giveaways who kindly provided us with the premium version for our contests.
The current contest where we are giving away a license for the WP pay per view plugin reviewed in Episode 411.
WP Pay Per View is a WordPress pay per view plugin that lets you sell access to streaming video content. Perfect for anyone who wants to charge a fee for access to video content. Supports Vimeo, YouTube, YouTube Live, Amazon S3, and self-hosted videos.Check them out at https://wppayperview.com/
I also have an Interview with Russ Mate from WP Pay Per View coming up next week talking about this plugin and others that they create.
Visit http://WPPluginsAtoZ.com/contests for more info.
After you enter the contest remember to share on social media and you get more chances to win.
Big warning on this plugin, you can do serious damage to your WordPress website if misused or if some have higher access than they should have.
This is a great plugin for getting a look around in your files and perfect for those who for not understand FTP or use of cPanel file manager. It allows you to access all the files in your hosting account down to the root of the account so use caution with it. You can use it to edit, move, upload, download, zip files and more.
remember this is powerful and with great power come great responsibility.
Rating 5 Dragons
Listener Feedback / Audio Clips
This Show is a Value for Value model meaning if you get any value out of it then give some value back by becoming a producer and helping the show out. You can do that by donating money to help the show or submitting art work at the WP Plugins Art generator, submit articles news and information, submit plugin suggestions for reviews or something I may not have thought of.
I'd like to acknowledge all the producers who have supported the show in the various ways.
This weeks shows Art Work comes from Angel Lemus from https://www.koadigital.com/. He has some great art and digital designs on his website give him some love.
Donations of $50 and over are credited with a Executive Producer Credit in the Show Notes and their note is read out on the show.
For all those who come in below $50 they will remain anonymous and I thank you very much.
This week's Executive Producer/'s are:
And a big thank you to all our Producers who came in under $50 and to those who have set up weekly subscriptions. All these small subscriptions really help the show out.
Thank you to our new producers donating time and art work.
A big thank you to those who have hired me because of the Podcast thank you that is as good as donating to the show..
Give some value back by:
Submit Your Artwork at the WP Plugins A to Z art Generator at https://wppluginsatoz.com/artwork/ ?
Visit http://wppluginsatoz.com/donate/ and create a donation amount that fits you.
This show is listener supported and we can use more than just money to help the show grow.
You can also create a monthly donation at Patreon
A special call out for help in re-developing the WP Plugins A to Z website. I have started a redevelopment of the WP Plugins A to Z website and I am doing it using Elementor and planning to improve many sections of the site. If anyone is interested in donating time please reach out to me at john at wppro.ca
ClinicalWP Core (freemium)
This plugin help you tweak your WordPress website performance in many sectors and with some of their addons you can improve performance even further. Here is a list of the items covered in the free version:
Key Features Include:
- Set Max Page / Post Revisions (keep Database slim)
- Set Trash Removal Period (keep Database slim)
- Set Page / Post Autosave Interval
- Customise WordPress System Sender Name & Email Address (Looks More Professional)
- Create Admin / Dashboard Notification Messages
- Numerous Admin Bar Tweaks
- Remove hidden code from Copy / Pasted text
- Add Featured Image Column to Page / post overview. Easily see which pages have featured images
- Enable a growing library of time saving shortcode
- Various quick toggle options, eg: Enable shortcodes in widgets
- Numerous options to improve your site appearance / branding
- Custom CSS & SCSS support
- Login screen customisations inc replace WordPress logo with your own & set colour scheme
- Admin Colour Schemes: Disable ability to change scheme &/or force one of the custom ClinicalWP Schemes
- Set a default user avatar for user comments – improves site branding
- Create a pool of images for Pages / Posts that are automatically used if you forget to add one to a published post
- Force Server to send ‘Keep Alive’ signal to improve site connection speeds
- Enable browser caching (various methods available)
- Optimise Etag Header to improve caching effectiveness (selectable header types)
- Remove QueryString from scripts & resources for better caching & improve GTMetrix / Yslow / Google PageSpeed scores
- Cache user avatars (gravatars) for a site speed boost
- Minify scripts & styles(css)
- Load some WordPress core files direct from wordpress.com for a spped boost
- Set a Content Delivery Network (CDN)
- Enable File Compression to reduce data sizes & improve load times
- Set the memory available to WordPress pages / posts & WP Admin pages
- Enable / Disable WordPress, theme and plugin updates by type
- Enable automatic updating of plugins &/or themes
- Route your WordPress system emails via your dedicated email server for greater deliverability
- Delay publishing of RSS feeds (in case you publish a page/post by mistake, or want to keep new posts exclusive)
- Set the custom excerpt length
- Restrict which content types are visible in site searches
- Ignore Self Pingbacks and prevent those annoying pingback comments
- Enable / disable Debug mode & whether to write error to the log file, screen or both
- Prevent direct access to your debugging log file for better security
- Easily activate and access the WordPress Database Optimisation tool
- Gain quick and easy access to all the data stored in your wp-options table. Make changes with ease
Rating 4 Dragons
Since the release of Gutenberg, and its fallout, ClassicPress has garnered a lot of attention. This is a fork of WordPress and is focused on Business Websites and is looking pretty good. It does seem in the past few months ClassicPress is coming into its own a bit and with some plugins now being created specifically for ClassicPress I do believe it has a future.
One thing I am looking forward to in the ClassicPress World is the expansion of the number of ClassicPress specific plugins and their own repository. Currently there are not a lot of ClassicPress specific plugins but I do know it is going to grow and I'll have to expand this segment then. Who knows, it could take over the whole show.
This week for ClassicPress I have:
You can now listen to the Interview with James Nylen and Michelle Coe from ClassicPress Two of the Leads for the ClassicPress Team, Michelle Coe (lead designer), and James Nylen (lead developer) it is a great interview so follow the link to listen to it.
If you are looking for how to migrant over to ClassicPress check out the great tutorials over at https://omukiguy.com/ from Omukguy some great looking videos on his YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCk_CWbiRCi34etpks2KwNuQ
An interesting perspective on converting from WordPress to ClassicPress article by Elisabetta77 ClassicPress – My journey so far.
I am going to be running an experiment over the next few weeks of migrating a fully mature WordPress website over to ClassicPress and record the results of that for people to see.
The ClassicPress Club
An alternate forum for the non-techies.
“Must Have” Plugins List
To find a listing of ClassicPress specific plugins check out this link https://forums.classicpress.net/t/plugins-built-specifically-for-classicpress/1011?u=codepotent there is currently 37 plugins here and growing. I look forward to the day they have their own repository. I can still recall WP when it had a small repository.
Closing out this Episode the Plugins I covered were:
John’s Plugins: DigitalPUSH Notifications – 3, File Manager – 5, ClinicalWP Core – 4
Reminders / Commercial / Promotions:
A new Interview with James Nylen and Michelle Coe from ClassicPress
The next WordPress Meetup in Victoria will be July 14, 2019 at Boston Pizza in Victoria and will not be broadcast Live on YouTube. For location and more information Check them out at https://wppluginsatoz.com/meetup this is just a social gettogether to talk about all things WordPress and ClassicPress
Be sure to check out and subscribe to the YouTube Channel for WP Plugins A to Z where you find training Videos, Screencasts and of course the live show every week.
If you have suggestions on plugins you would like to have reviewed please submit them on the website at https://wppluginsatoz.com/submit-plugin-review/
For all developers who would like to support the show. You can donate a premium license to be used in a future contest please go to WPPluginsAtoZ.com/PluginContest
Be sure and subscribe to our Newsletter.
Just some reminders:
You can support the show at wppluginsatoz.com/donate
All the show notes can be found at: WPPluginsAtoZ.com
Subscribe and review the show at:
Subscribe and Check out our Training Videos, Screencasts and Watch us Live on YouTube every Thursday at Noon PST