Interview 57 with Brian Jackson from ForgeMedia – PerfMatters Plugin
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | RSSInterview #57 Email Downloads, Subscribe to Comments #ClassicPress #WordPress #Plugins Click To Tweet
Today's interview is with Brian Jackson https://perfmatters.io/
This was a great interview talking about the plugin and it orgins.
Main Talking Points:
- Perfmatters plugin: “https://perfmatters.io/ highlighting changes happening with Google Core Web Vitals and WordPress performance in general. Now that Core Web Vitals is a ranking factor, performance is more important than ever. And dealing with optimization clients on a daily basis, we see a lot of common and shared problems that users are currently struggling with.”
- How can Perfmaatters plugin help?“The main way this plugin helps speed up your site is by disabling scripts that might not be used on your site. For example, by default emojis load on every single page of your site. If you don’t use them, this is simply slowing it down. By disabling it, the script no longer loads and so it reduces your overall number of HTTP requests and your page size.”
- “Another helpful feature is our database optimization. Over time things like revisions, auto-drafts, spam comments, and transients start to fill up your database and before you know it, it’s impacting the performance of your site. With Perfmatters you can easily clean all of these up and even put limits in place to prevent it from happening again. This ensures a fast and snappy database.”
- “My background is IT, but have been using WordPress for over a decade now. I started working closely with the WordPress community during my time at KeyCDN, and then at Kinsta. Now my brother and I develop our own WordPress plugins.”
Listen to learn more!
If you're a plugin developer and you'd like to appear on the show, you can schedule an interview, donate your plugin for an upcoming contest, or submit your plugin for review.
If you want to reach out to Perfmatters, you can do so through the following:
- Find their product at: perfmatters.io
- Contact Perfmatters though email at: perfmatters contact page
- Reach out to Perfmatters via
- Twitter: @_perfmatters
- Facebook: perfmattersio