There's more to attracting visitors to your blog than setting it up. The following tips will give you a few great plug-ins to turbocharge your marketing efforts. These tips are helpful to you whether you're a do-it-yourself-er or you have a webmaster doing it for you.
My top marketing plug-in picks are:
1. All in One SEO – This is the first plug-in I ever installed on my blog. You don't need to know a thing about search engine optimization with this plug-in. All you need to know is that it works. Just install it and let it give you the Google currency you need to be seen and heard in the search engines.
2. Sociable: If you're wondering how social links (such as Twitter, Digg this, stumble that) show up at the end of a blog post then this is the tool. The socially plug-in automatically add links on your posts, pages and RSS feed to your favorite social book-marketing sites.
3. What Would Seth Godin Do: This plug-in named after Seth Godin, the marketing genius is a pretty neat tool. Created by Richard K. Miller, it very simply displays a welcome message on your blog for new visitors and it thanks them for stopping by. It's a simple tool that's designed to create an experience for your visitors.
4. Bird Twitter: The bird feeder plug-in will automatically feed your most recent posts in the format of: [your message] [post title] [short URL] to Twitter. It's great because if you already copy and paste your blog post over to twitter, you won't have to do that anymore. [Such a time-saver]
5. WP-Sticky: The WP-Sticky plug-in makes it easy for you to select a specific blog post to stay at the top of your blog. Imagine if you were making an announcement, you'd want that announcement to be noticed easily, right? Well, this little plug-in makes that possible. I use my sticky post as an introduction to showcase my USP.
Stay in The Loop and Get The Scoop:
I'd like to invite you to visit http://www.coachingwithapril.com for more leading edge tips and tools for building your consulting business.
Gain your access to the technology, tools and rules of on-line and off-line marketing!
April Gregory, CPMC–Personal Branding & Personal Effectiveness Expert. Creator of Spirit-Rich coaching. Helping you build Spirit-RICH success in business, life and relationships for quicker success with grace and ease.