Use The WordPress Force
It's Episode 584 and we have plugins for Object Cache, Forcing Logins, Stopping Spammers, Blue Whales, Easy Tube, Christmas Mood Setting… and ClassicPress Options. It's all coming up on WordPress Plugins A-Z!
– ‘good morning, good afternoon, good evening, wherever you happen to be hiding out there on the globe today! Coming to you LIVE from …'
Welcome to Episode Use The WordPress Force – This is Episode 44 for 2022! Time to get ready for the holidays! Hoping everyone is keeping warm and dry, as this is the time of year for colds!
A Message from your AtoZ Plugin Worker Bee's – This is a Value for Value show, meaning any value you find here, offer that same value back! We accept all currencies including time and talent currency! Chocolate is always good too…
Remember, don't skip the end of the show – you never know what kind of amazing life altering advice you might catch! Like how to fill your site as full of spam as possible…
A special note to our New Listeners: Don't be shy to ask your questions. No such thing as a dumb question!
…When you see this in the notes, this means we didn't read this on the show, and that the only way to find this information out is to read our Show Notes!
…You can send any questions/suggestions or notes saying ‘hi' over to me at firstname.lastname@example.org, or hit up our site wpppluginsatoz.com/contact – Be creative with the title so that the spammer eater doesn't eat your note though!
Let's start the show with this weeks Featured Artist:
Artist: Angel Lemus — http://www.koadigital.com
We are still lacking in new art, however because of this we get to bring forth some amazing art that has not been seen for a while! This one is by Angel Lemus.
Feeling Inspired? Hit up our site at https://wppluginsatoz.com/artwork/ and submit some artwork of your own!
…We can NEVER have too much art!
Or check out allll the artwork at: https://wppluginsatoz.com/artwork/
Breaking News in the WordPress World at large!!
…If I missed something, shoot me a link at email@example.com – it may show up on the next show!
News this week:
– WordPress Vulnerability Report – December 7, 2022 (https://ithemes.com/blog/wordpress-vulnerability-report-december-7-2022/) – The vulnerabilities list this week is a little on the long side, though not as long as we have had some weeks!
The ones I recognize easily are: Bulk Delete Users by Email, Eventify, Advanced Booking Calendar, and Plugin Logic. There are more, be sure to check the list!
– ChatGPT Creates a Working WordPress Plugin – on the First Try (https://wptavern.com/chatgpt-creates-a-working-wordpress-plugin-on-the-first-try) – For those that don't know, ChatGPT is an AI-powered Chat Bot created by OpenAI. A lot of good questions have been brought to the fore on Twitter by users, and this last week WordPress developer Jonathon Williams brought forth a plugin written by the ChatGPT that wound up working on the AI's first try. Very exciting!
– Jetpack 11.6 adds block pattern support to forms (https://wptavern.com/jetpack-11-6-adds-block-pattern-support-to-forms) – Jetpack has introduced a major update to its Form Block in the latest version 11.6 release. Users can not interact with the various form templates as patterns! Very exciting news for those out there who use Jetpack!
– Google rolls out December 2022 ‘Helpful Content' update (https://wptavern.com/google-rolls-out-december-2022-helpful-content-update) – Over this month Google has been rolling out a ‘helpful content' system update; it started on December 5th, and is still going – it is not becoming more visible in the results. Google has said that it should take about 2 weeks in total for this to fully roll out, though it may take longer. What this does is provides people with what it deems to be more original and helpful content ‘written by people, for people' in the search results.
– New WordPress Sandbox Project Demos: Test-Drive Themes and Plugins in the Browser (https://wptavern.com/new-wordpress-sandbox-project-demos-test-drive-themes-and-plugins-in-the-browser) – The experimental project using WebAssembly (WASM) to run WordPress in the browser without a PHP server has been going along quite nicely! On here you can test out themes from the WordPress directory. All changes made are private and disappear right after a page refresh. For those interested, this could be very helpful for figuring out different theme capabilities!
– WooCommerce blocks 9.1.0 introduces products blocks in beta (https://wptavern.com/woocommerce-blocks-9-1-0-introduces-products-block-in-beta) – WooCommerce has been adding some pretty cool things lately, and the 9.1.0 release on December 9th hit a major milestone for the development of its new products block! The new Products block is based on the core Query Loop Block – for those that are interested and want to know these things. Very cool and worth checking out!
– Your laggy WordPress site is annoying customers – here's how to speed it up (https://thenextweb.com/news/your-laggy-wordpress-site-is-annoying-customers-heres-how-to-speed-it-up) – This is really a list mainly for beginners who are figuring things out – it speaks mostly about how you can find the main issue, optimizing images, using lean themes – things that are really good to know, important to know, and that will help if you are learning how to get things done yourself.
…Our News Section really isn't complete without ClassicPress News…
There is a new Blog Post available on the ClassicPress site!
New at ClassicPress: Security Release, GitHub Issue Templates, And More https://www.classicpress.net/new-at-classicpress-security-release-github-issue-templates-more/
ClassicPress has projects they are looking to have some support with. They have a page with these projects listed and who the contact is for the project. Check out the following page if you are using ClassicPress and are interested in helping them move forward! https://forums.classicpress.net/t/currently-active-projects/3630
They also have some petitions posted check them out!
…For some up to date news on ClassicPress check out the ClassicPress Blog.
…Here you will find news on tech in general, and some random things I think are pretty nifty! If you come across something you think should be added, send me a link at firstname.lastname@example.org
– Dependence on cloud's ‘big three' is hurting EU startup growth – it's time for a new approach (https://thenextweb.com/news/dependence-clouds-eu-startup-growth-new-approach)
– Clop ransomeware uses TrueBot malware for access to networks (https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/clop-ransomware-uses-truebot-malware-for-access-to-networks/)
– What you need to know about AIOps (https://thenextweb.com/news/what-you-need-to-know-about-aiops)
– Cloudflare's Zero Trust suite now available for free to at-risk groups (https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/cloudflares-zero-trust-suite-now-available-for-free-to-at-risk-groups/)
– European scientists are developing nuclear waste batteries for use in space (https://thenextweb.com/news/european-scientists-developing-nuclear-waste-batteries-for-use-in-spacecraft)
– Rackspace warns of phishing risks following ransomware attack (https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/rackspace-warns-of-phishing-risks-following-ransomware-attack/)
– Australia arrests ‘Pig Butchering' suspects for stealing $100 million (https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/australia-arrests-pig-butchering-suspects-for-stealing-100-million/)
– Antivirus and EDR solutions tricked into acting as data wipers (https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/antivirus-and-edr-solutions-tricked-into-acting-as-data-wipers/)
…Some random entertainment in the World of WordPress!
…Matt's Famous Quotes
…The hall of shame via Automattic:
Let's have a peek at our Contests for this week…
Firstly we want to thank Simple Giveaways for being totally awesome and providing us with their Premium Version for our contests!
Secondly we want to thank Steve Goodtime & Brant Matthews for creating our amazing jingle we still use!!
And we want to thank Charlie for coming to our aid and rescue yet again with another fantastic contest!
We have a bit of a surprise for everyone this week – this contest is being extended for one more week!
Reason for this is because we are not going to be here for Christmas or new years, and we don't want to leave everyone hanging with a new contest, but we also don't want to have a show without the exciting opportunity for a contest either.
So you now have one more full week to enter into the contest for WP Go Maps!