Fu****ing hackers well I spent the better part of a day lost to hackers
this is a musing though found in one of their files —- // This file is protected by copyright law and provided under license. Reverse engineering of this file is strictly prohibited.
make sure to use the plugin WordPress File Monitor
Well you when they say it rains it pours well it has been pouring on me lately, not that I am complaining it is just making it difficult to do all the fun stuff like this podcast. In face my business has been picking up so nicely lately I have had to place clients into a 2 week wait list before I can get to their job it is actually a nice feeling.
When this keeps up long enough I may have to raise my rates, but the biggest benefit of this is that I get to choose my clients not take them because I am starving and need the work. I don’t have to discount anything it is all great.
Found on a different site another issue this times with wpsuper cache being hacked and them changing my htaccess and adding a rdirect to a f***ing zip file of some sort.
World of WordPress News:
Great article on an exploit http://www.zdnet.com/blog/security/hackers-attack-zero-day-flaw-in-wordpress-themes/9181
List of Plugins:
The paypal plugin for gravity forms works like a hotdamn
Monitors your WordPress installation for added/deleted/changed files. When a change is detected an email alert can be sent to a specified address.
- Monitors file system for added/deleted/changed files
- Sends email when a change is detected
- Administration area alert to notify you of changes in case email is not received
- Ability to monitor files for changes based on file hash, time stamp and/or file size
- Ability to exclude files and directories from scan (for instance if you use a caching system that stores its files within the monitored zone)
- Site URL included in notification email in case plugin is in use on multiple sites
- Ability to run the file checking via an external cron so not to slow down visits to your website and to give greater flexibility over scheduling
- Ability to set file extension to be ignored or only scanned.
Some Terms here for plugins: Nothing special this week..
In closing here is what is coming in future podcasts:
How to Contact Us:
Laura how can you be contacted:
on my website @ http://www.lauramathes.com/ or you can follow me on Twitter @Tefnuit
or even like me on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/LauraMathescom
Some of the music provided tonight from Mevio's Music Alley. Check it out at ‘music.mevio.com http://music.mevio.com